This post may contain some affiliate links. This means that I may make a commission if you purchase via some of these links (at no extra cost to you!).
Picking a thoughtful gift for a special friend without breaking the bank can get challenging. I asked my Instagram community what some of the most thoughtful gifts they’ve given or received are, and I’ve compiled the list below. These gift ideas are under $30 and some require effort for your loved one. Some would be perfect to include in a best friend coupon book.
Here is the ultimate make and/or buy list!
Thoughtful gifts ideas to MAKE under $30:
- Their favorite dish and invite them over
- Sew an apron, pillows, or tote bag
- Frame a picture of a loved one no longer living
- An “I survived 2020” t-shirt
- Coupon book of activities to do together
- Look up unclaimed.org to see if they are owed money
- Hand painted greeting cards
- A thoughtful long letter, framed picture, coffee date
- Homemade vanilla extract (vanilla bean + vodka)
- Jar with Motivational Bible quotes
- Baked goods (cookies, scones, brownies) & nicely wrapped
- Homemade coconut oil sugar body scrubs
- Movie night gift basket (popcorn, dvd, and candy)
- Propogated potted plants
Thoughtful gift ideas to BUY under $30:
- Paint Night (paint, canvas, wine!)
- Christmas dinner staples or vouchers to local grocery store
- Milk Frother (I use the Nespresso frother)
- Home decor under $30
- Season pass to attractions nearby
- Socks with their face on them (great for new parents)
- Book exchange with friends (my favorite books suggestions are here)
- Engraved wallet
- Toiletry bag + their favorite brands
- Coffee mug with variety of coffee
- Donate to a charity on their behalf
- School or State affiliated gifts (USC or UCLA?)
- Pay for a cleaning service for a friend
- Pay for window washing
- Cooking utensil they can use daily
- Picture collage
BONUS: if you or your friend want to grow your Instagram community, my Zero to Hero webinar is on sale for $25 as well! Code already applied here: at this link.
The most recurring answer that doesn’t fit these buckets, can’t be Made or Bought..it is your TIME. Make sure you are giving the gift of your time generously with those you love.
If you’ve made it this far and loved what you read, please consider supporting me with a cup of coffee 🙂